Civil War 2019 Calendar
Civil War 2019 chronicles the stories of the war's crucial actions and the soldiers, both notable and obscure, who fought in this great conflict. The calendar features contemporary battlefield photographs, war-era engravings and images, along with extensive historical commentary. Civil War 2019 is photographed and written by Chris Heisey, the nation's foremost Civil War battlefield photographer. Days of the week list birthdays of key officers and politicians of both the Blue and the Gray.
Battles, events and people featured in the 2019 calendar include:
• Malvern Hill, Richmond National Battlefields
• Confederate Private Edwin Jemison, 2nd Louisiana Volunteer Infantry
• Fort Donelson National Battlefield
• Confederate General Simon Buckner
• Confederate staff officer Walter Taylor and General Robert E. Lee
• Gettysburg National Military Park
• Wilmer McClean and the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park
• The plot to steal President Lincoln's coffin
• Union Generals Buford and Reynolds Monuments at Gettysburg and the book, "The Killer Angels"
• The Wisconsin Memorial at Vicksburg Military Park and the story of Annie Wittenmyer, who was Sanitary Agent for the Iowa Commission and later penned the memoir "Under the Guns, A Woman's Reminiscences of the Civil War"
• The battle at Cedar Mountain where General Stonewall Jackson led his troops to success against a Union force
• The "lost order" and the battle along Antietam Creek near Sharpsburg, MD
• Frederick Douglass, his story of escape from slavery and the battle at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia
• The Carter House and the battle at Franklin, TN where the Civil War Trust has worked to preserve the battlefield
• Richard Kirkland Memorial at Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania National Military Park in Virginia and notable places to take battlefield photographs