Warbirds 2024 Wall Calendar$15.95
New battles require new tools, and Warbirds 2024 features a century of air power innovation. The WWI Bristol F.2b led to WWII Spitfires, the U.S. B-17, and the German Bf 109. More speed and power arrived with jet aircraft like the F-15 Strike Eagle, the F-22 Raptor, and the Eurofighter Typhoon. Don’t miss the evolving action in the air!.
This 2024 monthly wall calendar features: Large blocks for notes | Superb printing quality | Heavy 100-pound paper | Deluxe 11- by 14-inch size
Aircraft and events featured in this edition include:
• The mainstay of the U.S. ground attack interdictor force, the F-15-E Strike Eagle has been in service since 1988.
• The epitome of a modern jet-age aircraft, this F-16 Fighting Falcon effortlessly demonstrates the startling power of contemporary combat aircraft.
• Two RAF Spitfires, two of the “few,” take a deep breath and turn in to confront an incoming Luftwaffe raid in 1940.
• Just inches from completing another sortie, a B-17F settles down alongside the strip at Bassingbourn where the 91st Battle Group of the U.S. 9th Air Force operated from October 1942 until 1945.
• Messerschmitt Bf 109s drop down on a pair of RAF Hurricanes in a classic wing-over maneuver to fly out of the sun and attack their prey.
• Operated by more than 12 airlines and eventually the German Luftwaffe from the early 1930s, the Junkers Ju 52 was a groundbreaking transport aircraft.
• The Ryan PT-22 Recruit was the primary U.S. flight trainer at the start of World War II and the first monoplane aircraft for this purpose.
• The Eurofighter Typhoon is the main operational fighting aircraft of the RAF and six other Western nations.
• The Bristol F2b was the original fighter-bomber and saw service in the later part of World War I.
• This P-51 was based at RAF Duxford, and is finished in the livery of the 84th Fighter Squadron.
• The F-22 Raptor is an air-superiority fighter developed for the USAF capable of exceeding Mach 2.0 and operating at heights exceeding 65,000 feet.
Published by Tide-mark Press © 2023