About Dan Lyons
Dan Lyons is a photographer/writer, who specializes in autos new and old. Lyons’ old car writing credits include six award winning books (Cars of the Sensational 60’s, Cars of the Fantastic 50’s, Corvette: An American Legend, Sixties American Cars, Cars of 1957 and Cars of 1965), as well as countless articles for newspapers, magazines and websites. Lyons is also regarded as one of the premiere automotive photographers in the country, with more than 200 calendars to his credit. Collectively, Lyons’ photography and writing over the past 30 years has been recognized in dozens of automotive media awards.
Dragstrip Memories 2023 Wall Calendar$15.95
If you like your cars fast and loud, then you’ll love the way artist Larry Grossman captures the action in Dragstrip Memories. From classic blown Hemi dragsters to wheel-standing Gassers, they’re all here, burning up the strip… you can almost smell the nitro and hear those headers roar!
This 2023 monthly wall calendar features: Large blocks for notes | Superb printing quality | Heavy 100-pound paper | Deluxe 11- by 14-inch size
Drag racers featured in this edition include:
• A blown, injected ’40 Willys pickup screams off the line
• Wicked Willys indeed, this ’33 Willys is looking pretty hot!
• Greer-Black-Prudhomme blown Hemi rail.
• “Big John” Mazmanian’s candy apple red, blown Hemi ’41 Willys gasser
The famed metallic blue, blown Olds-powered Swindler II
• ’41 Willys of Stone-Woods and Cook
• ’65 Falcon straight-axle gasser smokes those M&H slicks
• A blown Hemi-powered ’37 Fiat Topolino smokes it’s M&H Racemasters
• A blown, injected Hemi powers this awesome glass ’23 T-bucket
• ’56 Chevy Nomad wagon, straight axle
• Tommy Ivo four-engine dragster
• This blown ’57 Ford gasser roars off the line
Published by Tide-mark Press © 2022